Moscow meets world experts on mental health
The II Congress on Mental Health: Meeting the Needs of the XXI Century will take place in Moscow on the World Trade Center from 05 to 07 October 2018, on the eve of the World Mental Health Day.
Upcoming Congress will gather more than 1000 world leading experts from 50 countries.
This prestigious international event continues the tradition of the I Congress held in 2016 and promises to be an reputable international platform for sharing the best world experience in mental health. «The practical and scientific programs of Russian specialists seems impressive. They have undoubtedly made a significant contribution to mental health», said Shekhar Saksena, Director of the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse, WHO.
The theme of the II Congress is «Mental Health and Education». Igor Kagramanyan, the first deputy chairman of the Federation Council Committee on Social Policy, the chairman of the Russian Organizing Committee of the Congress, noted: «Today effective work of the mental health system in any country makes special demands on the training of various specialists such as psychiatrists, psychotherapists, psychologists, social workers and others».
The Congress will present the theme of Mental Health Education in several directions. They will include the prevention and promotion of mental health values as well as treatment and rehabilitation.
«Training of mental health specialists should not only provide them with knowledge but also give the practical skills, moral attitudes necessary for the well-being of both patients and society as a whole», notes Norman Sartorius, President of the Association for the Improvement of Mental Health Programs, Honorable Chairman of the International Organizing Committee (Germany).
The Congress agenda has more than forty international scientific, social and cultural events, including five international conferences, The IV All-Russia Festival of Rehabilitation Programs for People with Mental Health Needs “The Different Ones?”, The II Film Festival DocuMENTAL, The II National Public Award «Harmony» and others.
The II Congress is organized by The Union for Mental Health of Russia in cooperation with The Russian Society of Psychiatrists, The Russian Psychological Society, The All-Russian Professional Psychotherapeutic League under the patronage and with the participation of leading global organizations, including The World Psychiatric Association (WPA), The World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation (WAPR), The World Association for Social Psychiatry (WASP), The International Social Security Association (ISSA), The World Council for Psychotherapy (WCP), International Association Autism Europe, The International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics-European Region (IAGG-Europe), with support of The Ministry of Health of Russia, The Ministry of Education and Science of Russia, The Ministry of Labor of Russia and The Ministry of Sport of Russia.
|To participate in the event as a journalist please fill in a form||https://bit.ly/2qWWbQk|
|For any questions regarding the participation of media please contact||Yaroslav Kuplinov
+7 916 904 2520
II Congress on Mental Health: Meeting the Needs of the XXI Century — http://www.mental-health-congress.ru
The Union for Mental Health of Russia — http://mental-health-russia.ru
|Dates||05 — 07 October, 2018|
|Event Area||Congress Center (World Trade Center), Krasnopresnenskaya embankment, 12, Moscow, Russia. Metro station «Ulitsa 1905 goda»|
|Supporters||The Ministry of Health of Russia, The Ministry of Education and Science of Russia, The Ministry of Labor of Russia, The Ministry of Sport of Russia|
|Organizers||The Union for Mental Health of Russia, The Russian Society of Psychiatrists (RSP), The Russian Psychological Society, The Russian Professional Psychotherapeutic League, The Russian Association of Gerontologists and Geriatrics|
|General Partners||· The World Psychiatric Association (WPA)
· World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation (WAPR)
· World Association for Social Psychiatry (WASP)
· World Council for Psychotherapy (WCP)
· International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics (IAGG-Europe)
· International Social Security Association (ISSA)
· In The Association for the Improvement of Mental Health Programs (AIMH)
· Autism Europe
· World Association for Dynamic Psychiatry (WADP)
|In cooperation||· Serbsky National Medical Research Center for Psychiatry and Addiction
· State scientific institution Scientific Center of Mental Health
· Faculty of Psychology at Lomonosov Moscow State University
· Russian Public Association of Psychologists of Education in Russia (Federation of Russian Psychologists of Education
· Moscow State University of Psychology and Education
· Non-profit organization of higher education, research center St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology»
· Non-profit research medical center Gerontology
· Non-profit organization Center for Rehabilitation of Children with Disabilities «Our Solar World»
· Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL)
· Asian Federation for Psychotherapy (AFP)
· Latin-American Federation of Psychotherapy (FLAPSI)
· French Federation for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
· The National Autistic Society (NAS, UK)
|International Organizing Committee
|Russian Organizing Committee